Friday, 17 October 2008

Skin disorder caused by mobile phones

The British Association of Dermatologists is warning doctors to watch out for a new allergic skin disorder caused by mobile phones. It's been called 'mobile phone dermatitis' and happens when Nickel-allergic people hold a mobile phone containing nickel to their face or ear for long periods of time. Nickel is the most common 'contact' allergy in the UK and is found in the 'metallic' casing or buttons of some mobile phones. [Press release]

No comments: